Friday, July 24, 2009

I'll be back Sunday

I'm listening to the motorcycles going to and fro on the roadways. It's a summer sound. Today when I cut the grass I smelled a weed that reminded me of my childhood. Its a flower that smells like my first bottle of little girl perfume from the dime store.

Mowing was glorious. It was an impeccable day here and now it looks like a golf course. I sure love it.

I don't really expect anyone to put anything in the donation box, but it reminds me of when I used to play guitar on the streets of Manhattan. I could be totally broke, whip open the guitar case and get enough money for a fabulous dinner at Mamoons Falafel.

Has anyone ever told you all that you are amazing Americans? I'm proud to be a part of Twitter.

I can't remember who said it today, I don't think I put it on Favs of the week, but someone said they had been in Tennessee where they never heard of Tea Parties. Maybe I'll try to change that a wee bit next week.

Until Sunday, Shabbat shalom.

MH

No comments:

Post a Comment